Celebration and merriment are an indispensable part of our lives. Today, they are no more confined to the age-old paradigms of a gathering. Banquet services are the easiest and obvious style of hosting such events. They can be as varied as the event you’re attending. The word banquet means a sumptuous feast and is arranged to cater a large number of people.
Banquet service is an elaborate meal than a regular family dinner due to the scope of the event or size of the crowd present. These services can be as varied as the marriage, meeting, conference etc. and they are decided by the extend of the event, menu, and crowd.
Types of Banquet Services
There are various types of banquet services, such as:
- Buffet: This is a very common banquet service in events with a large number of attendees. There is a buffet line of food choices, which the guests pass through and serve themselves. It is a convenient way of choosing what an individual wants to choose.
- Reception: This is a gathering where people mill around the room while eating and chatting.
- Food Stations: These comprise of various cuisines, courses and offerings to guests. Many times, these stations are manned by the chefs who cooks or prepares food in front of the guests. The most common food stations include pasta bars, sushi stations, desserts, etc.
- Cafeteria-Style: This is very similar to the buffet-style banquet service, with a difference that servers themselves serve the food. The practice is used to control the portion sizes.
- Plated: In this service, the guests are seated, and servers bring food already portioned into the plates from the kitchen. This is believed to be one of the most efficient types of banquet service. The plated style is commonly seen at formal events, seminars, conferences, and formal dinners.
- Pre-Set Service: If the food is already showing up on the table, at the time of your arrival, it is known as a pre-set arrangement. This is applicable mostly with the bread, desserts, salads, and beverages.
Read More: 5 Star Luxury Banquet Halls in Delhi
The design and décor of function rooms can take many forms. The best way to layout a room is dependent on various factors such as space available in the banquet hall, size of the audience, expected level of activity and interaction required, and place required for dinner tables, meeting tables, and head tables. The various types of banquet style setups are:
- Theatre Style
- Boardroom Style
- U-shape Style
- Wedding Style
- Herringbone Style
- Hollow Square Style
- Classroom Style
- T-shape Style
Banquet halls by Jaypee Hotels in Delhi offers the best and well-equipped venues for conferences, events, marriages, etc. with good space and exquisite banquet services. All the events at our hotels are at opulent and state-of-the-art venues. Our hotels carry the essence and grandeur of contemporary as well as traditional ambience and setup. Various banquet halls of Jaypee Hotels in Delhi are perfect wedding venues offering grand banquet facilities, ambience, recreation, accommodation, food, spa and everything that you can name. The lavish creations are extraordinarily unique and awe-striking, making it a truly majestic experience for all.